interrogative -indefinites

"Alfred W. Tüting" ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Fri Sep 30 17:32:08 UTC 2005

> (Willem):  As far as interrogative-indefinites are concerned, I think you will find
the phenomenon quite common cross-linguistically.  Apache, and I think
most if not all Athabascan languages, also have
interrogative-indefinites. :} <<

This phenomenon even exists in good old (esp. vernacular) German:

"Was sagst du da?" (What are you saying here?) vs. "Ich sag' dir was."
(I tell you something).
"Wo warst du denn?" (Where have you been?) vs. "Ich bin wo gewesen, wo's
sehr schön war." (I was somewhere where it's been very nice) etc.

Alfred