No subject

goodtracks at peoplepc.com goodtracks at peoplepc.com
Sat Aug 12 02:19:14 UTC 2006

Earl:
I believe I can explain it out for IOM in regard to the word for "God"/ "Thunders" (in an older traditional application) and the word "snake."  There was a Snake Clan, long extinct, which still exists among the Ponca and Winnebago.  How would you render an explaination to someone who noted the similarity?
Jimm

[NOTE:  Wakánda = God.  (It may noted the coincidental similarity of the word - Wakánda - and the word Wakán (snake).  The root of both words is "kán-" (holy; sacred; consecrated).  This does not infer to some kind of reptile divinity.  To the contrary, the term Wakánda is most likely related to the Lakota term, "wakan: holy, mysterious" both sharing the same root of origin].