Implied vs literal meaning.

Jonathan Holmes okibjonathan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 03:16:16 UTC 2006

Howdy,
  A friend of mine was given the following Lakota words with a general interpretation as follows:

  "Lakota wiyan kin nagi ksapa ye.
Niye on etanyan wici caka caya.
Oyate kin han yan waci niyape."

  "Lakota women think carefully.
  Our children are raised by you.
  The people rely on you."

  However, I realize that this is not the literal translation. I'm not even sure all the words are spelled correctly. Could someone help in distiguishing the difference between what the implied meaning is and what it actually says in literal translation?

  Any help would be appreciated.
  Thanks,
  Jonathan

Be a friend...
Help support the Lakota Communities on Pine Ridge,
go to:   http://FriendsofPineRidgeReservation.org