Ofologists take note!

david costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 9 15:27:35 UTC 2006

If you need to know the correct English pronunciation of American Indian tribe names, those can almost always be found in the Handbook of North American Indians. (Tho granted, in a sort of quasi-Webster's spelling, not IPA)

The 'Chitimacha' chapter there lists two pronunciations for that name. I don't have it with me so I can't check it, but the two pronunciations for that name I listed in my first post on this were from there.

Dave