Moon phases

A.W. Tüting ti at fa-kuan.muc.de
Wed Nov 8 08:56:47 UTC 2006

That's what Bruce is giving in his dictionary:

wit'e [wit?é] - new moon ('dead moon')
wi lechála (lecála?) - early crescent moon
wi ókhiseya - first quarter moon (but Buechel: wíokhiseya(?) - okhíseya
- half)
wi mimákanyela [wi mimákxaNyela] - full first quarter moon (B: monn
between First quarter and Full Moon, i.e., when it is gibbous)
wi mimá - the Full Moon
wi makatahan [ wi makxátaNhaN] - full third quarter moon (B: the moon
between Full Moon and Third Quarter)
wi yaspapi [wi yas^pápi] - third quarter moon (B: wíyas^papi(?))
wi t'inkta kanyela [wi t?íNkta kxaNyela] - moon between third quarter
and new moon ("near to be dying")
(kok'eluta [kok?éluta] - full moon red in the morning)

Alfred