Policy Statement

Koontz John E John.Koontz at Colorado.EDU
Fri Aug 3 00:04:29 UTC 2007

It has been pointed out to me that one of the posters on this list
referred to someone else as a Siouan Groupie.  I believe this was
essentially an unfortunate variant on Siouan List member.  However, I will
have to insist that this form of reference be avoided in the future.

In general, if I believed anyone was being deliberately and personally
offensive I would be forced to delete the offender from the list.
Relevant criticisms which are obvious or defensible, such as "Koontz's
execrable ear," will be considered on a case by case basis, though I would
hope for a more merciful phrasing.

John E. Koontz
http://spot.colorado.edu/~koontz