Lakota ki- 'to become by itself'

Clive Bloomfield cbloom at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 11 10:45:51 UTC 2007

Greetings David, You are most welcome!
  Might that be due to the semantic-field of 'skuya' perhaps covering
'salt(y)/sour', in addition to 'sweet' , as shown in such apparent
derivatives of the root as :
'skumna'/'oskumna' ='sour-smelling; sourish';
'oskuya' ='sour (e.g., as milk)';
'wiskuye' ='something which sours (OR sweetens) food '[Buech.-Md.]---
 >i.e. 'spice/condiment'?

Regards,
Clive.