another Siouan question

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 13:35:21 UTC 2007

shokooh Ingham <shokoohbanou at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:>

 Interesting, but it isn't quite the same thing, because the verb is as you say a stative verb with 'me' as the patient and not really a reciprocal ie the other participant is introduced by a postposition kichi- ie you don't say ichiunkaphapi in the way that you can say wanunkichiyankapi 'we saw each other'.  I'd be interested to know if true reciprocals of that sort can occur with ichi-
Bruce

Jan Ullrich <jfu at centrum.cz> wrote: Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:13:28 +0100