2009 SACC inquiry

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Mar 4 22:40:06 UTC 2009

Aloha all,

John and Johannes: How goes the CSGrammar workshop agenda for the SACC
meeting in Lincoln?

I am gathering lodging options information.
I've received quotes ranging from $94-$109+tax double within walking
distance of city campus,
to $80+tax double driving a mile or so,
to $52+tax double driving three miles.

What would be your choice of lodging cost range?

The high end, close to campus hotel includes a full breakfast grill.
Catherine, you stayed at the Embassy Suites last time you were in Lincoln,
enit?

Campus dorms are already booked for various youth summer camps.

Does anyone want me to check on campground options?

We can meet on campus in Anthro dept space that will accommodate our usual
numbers of participants. The space has all of the instructional
technology.

I would like to circulate a call for papers by late Friday.

My working agenda for the SACC looks like this:

Wednesday early bird supper somewhere.

Thursday-Friday CSG workshop organized by J&J with some plan for supper
somewhere each night for those who want to continue the conversation.

Saturday morning: mixed topic papers

Saturday afternoon: Native language instruction workshop, round table,
whatever (something similar to the presentations made by the Osage , NICC,
and Hochank programs last year).

Several Native language instruction programs are already on the SiouanList
and are cordially invited to participate.

I am thinking of extending invitations to the Nebraska Indian Community
College program at Macy, the UmoNhoN Nation Public School UmoNhoN Language
and Culture Profram at Macy, Little Priest College at Winnebago, and the
Sinte Gleska program in South Dakota.

Does anyone have other programs that may not be on the List?

Saturday evening the Lincoln Indian Club is scheduled to host a social
activity (maybe hand game and dance w/evening meal). I am the Public
Relations Officeer for the club. I could ask the club to extend an
invitation to the SACC folks. I would anticipate that everyone would be
welcome to attend, and would be able to leave early if they wanted. The
caveat is that I would have no way to nail down WHEN supper would be
served. I expect the native attendees would go to the event and stay. An
alternate idea would be to meet for supper somewhere, then individuals can
decide to drop in on the club event later.

Sunday morning: mixed topic papers

Please forward suggestions as to where the call for papers should be sent.

LSA
SSILA
Institutions?
Programs?
Other?

Many thanks.
Uthixide

Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
and Ethnic Studies (Native American Studies)
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68588-0368

http://omahalanguage.unl.edu
Phone 402-472-3455
FAX: 402-472-9642

"Ttenixa uxpathe egoN" a biama, winisi akHa.