2009 SACC LODGING INFORMATION

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Mar 6 19:35:14 UTC 2009

Aloha all,

Thanks for the feedback. The consensus for lodging choice goes to the
inexpensive side of the ballot.

The West O Street Travelodge is about 3 miles straight west of city
campus.

Here is the information for making your reservations as an attachment and
pasted into the bottom of this message.

Let me know if anyone has other lodging needs that I can help with.

I will try to post a formal call for papers soon.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
and Ethnic Studies (Native American Studies)
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68588-0368

http://omahalanguage.unl.edu
Phone 402-472-3455
FAX: 402-472-9642

"Ttenixa uxpathe egoN" a biama, winisi akHa.

Posted March 6, 2009

Siouan and Caddoan Conference (SACC)
June 11 (Thursday) through June 14 (Sunday)
Oldfather Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Local Organizer:
Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Anthropology/Ethnic Studies
841 Oldfather Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0368
mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu
Phone:  402-472-3455 office
Phone:  402-770-3521 cell
FAX:    402-472-9642

LODGING

Keeping in mind the fiscal hard times, a block of 30 rooms (doubles) have
been reserved for June 10 (Wednesday) check-in; through June 14 (Sunday)
check-out at:

Lincoln Travelodge
2801 West O Street (not ‘zero’ street)
O and SW 27th
Lincoln, NE  68528

Phone:  402-475-4921
FAX:    402-475-4924

The motel is approximately 3 miles due west on O Street from City Campus

Make reservations before May 26th to receive the $52.00 + tax reserved
room rate.

If you can get in on a cheaper rate at this place, go for it!

Travelodge does not have a shuttle service from the Lincoln or Omaha
airports. However, both airports have shuttle service to other large
hotels in Lincoln for a nominal fee. Let me know what your travel plans
are and we can try to coordinate shuttle service.

Tell the reservation clerk that you are reserving for the SACC CONFERENCE
RATE for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln

This URL will take you to the Lincoln Travelodge reservation page:
http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge/control/Booking/check_avail?areaCode=&brandCode=TL,MQ,HJ,DI,RA,KG,SE,BU,BH&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=Lincoln&state=NE&country=US&checkInDate=06/10&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=06/14&numberChildren=0&numberBigChildren=0&rate=000&useWRPoints=false&variant=&id=12815&propBrandId=TL&force_nostay=false&tab=tab2

Map and Directions

Getting To The Hotel
South
Follow Hwy 2, It will Merge into 10th Street. When approaching O Street,
take a Left and go approximately 3 miles on O Street.
East
I-80 West O Exit 396.
West
I-80 East Exit 397. Take Exit 397 onto 77 Bypass, take the West O Exit. At
The Bottom of exit take a right. Go one and one half block west.
Airport
Lincoln Municipal: Follow Loop Around The Airport. Follow West Adams
Street To Stop Light. Make A Right Turn And A Left At The Stop Light Onto
I-80, West Bound. Take Exit 397 Onto 77 Bypass. Take West O Exit. At The
Bottom Of The Exit, Take A Right. At The Stop Light Go West One And A Half
Blocks.