Offer to publish conference proceedings

David Kaufman dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 21:35:46 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I wanted to send this out there to see what you all might think about the
possibility of having this year's SCLC papers published via an academic
publishing company.  I have pasted the message we received from the UK's
(yes, I really do mean Britain, not KU) Cambridge Scholars Publishing (not
to be confused with the Cambridge Publishing Company!) below for you to
read.  Let us know any of your thoughts or comments.

"Cambridge Scholars Publishing is an academic publisher aiming to promote
knowledge and learning through the production and global distribution of
valuable academic works. With more than 2,500 titles published to date, we
have an interest in publishing proceedings of established or promising new
conferences.  In addition, we welcome proposals for research monographs,
edited volumes, and select PhD dissertations. We have a policy of actively
seeking and commissioning works in areas in which we have a publishing
interest, one of which is Linguistics. If you feel it would be of interest
to a wider academic audience, we would be delighted to have a discussion
with you about the possibility of publishing a volume based on the
proceedings of your event. We provide a dedicated service, with no cost to
the editor or author, complimentary copies and a substantial author
discount on all titles from our press.  Our publications are marketed
worldwide and sold through international booksellers including Amazon,
Blackwell and Ingram and are widely purchased by academic libraries."

--
David Kaufman, Ph.C.
University of Kansas