Preliminary SCLC conference schedule: please review

Mark Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at UNL.EDU
Mon May 14 22:31:52 UTC 2012

Aloha David,
Looks good to me.
Sounds like a good mix of topics.
Mark Awakuni-Swetland

From: Siouan Linguistics [mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu]<mailto:[mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu]> On Behalf Of David Kaufman
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:17 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu<mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>
Subject: Preliminary SCLC conference schedule: please review

Hi all,

Here is our preliminary conference schedule with tentative times and presentations.  Note that we will begin at 9:00 Fri morning (due to the number of titles and abstracts that we've received!) and will end at 12:30 on Sun.  Please review, and let me know if for any reason you will not be able to present at the current time alloted (e.g., traveling, arriving late, leaving early, etc.).  This is now only tentative so we can make changes as needed before the final version.

I've done the schedule on Excel and it looks fine on my computer as copied to this email, but if it doesn't look right on your computer and you can't make it out, please let me know.  Thanks!
Time

FRIDAY Jun 15

Time

SATURDAY  Jun 16

Time

SUNDAY Jun 17

9:00 - 9:30

Doug Parks: Pawnee Personal Names

9:00 - 9:30

Johannes Helmbrecht: Spatial relations in Hocąk

9:00 - 9:30

John Boyle: Internally and externally headed relative clauses in Mandan and Hocąk

9:30 - 10:00

David Roods: ?

9:30 - 10:00

Meredith Johnson/Hunter Thompson Lockwood/Bryan Rosen/Mateja Schuck: A Preliminary Sketch of Hocąk Syntax

9:30 - 10:00

Indrek Park: Sound symbolism in Hidatsa

10:00 - 10:15

BREAK

10:00 - 10:15

BREAK

10:00 - 10:15

BREAK

10:15 - 10:45

Logan Sutton: Subordination in Pawnee & Arikara

10:15 - 10:45

Matt Szulc: Beads, Pearls, and Camels, which of these are not present in Crow?

10:15 - 10:45

Ray DeMallie: Lakota personal names

10:45 - 11:15

Alisoun Sans Souci & Alice Sans Souci: Language-teaching demo

10:45 - 11:15

Tania Moaton: Crow narrative discourse analysis

10:45 - 11:15

Mary Marino: Vegreville manuscript

11:15 -11:45

Alice Sans Souci:  Verb morphology in Omaha

11:15 -11:45

Randolph Graczyk: State of the Crow language

11:15 -11:45

Linda Cumberland: What's in a word?

11:45 - 1:30

LUNCH

11:45 - 1:30

LUNCH

11:45 - 12:30

Ryan Kasak: Treatment of vertitivity in Siouan

1:30 - 2:30

Robert Rankin: Grammaticalization of *?uN 'be' and *u 'be pl' in Siouan languages

1:30 - 2:15

Zachary Gordon: Crow clause chaining, structure and scope

12:30

END

2:30 - 3:00

David Kaufman: Positional Auxiliaries in Biloxi

2:15 - 2:45

Lewis Gebhardt: Topic/focus markers in Crow

3:00 - 3:15

BREAK

2:45 - 3:00

BREAK

3:15 - 3:45

Jill Greer: Marsh's Jiwere texts

3:00 - 3:30

Rory Larson: Early Presbyterian Transcriptions of Omaha Before Dorsey

3:45 - 4:15

Saul Schwartz: Moses Merrill's Otoe books

3:30 - 4:00

Catherine Rudin: Reduplication in Omaha

4:15 - 4:45

Iren Hartmann: Bundling Siouan dictionary resources

4:00 - 4:30

Mark Awakuni-Swetland: Creeping crawling critters, when we lose the bugs we lose the language

4:45 - 5:30

Marty Richardson: Tutelo songs

4:30 - 5:00

George Wilmes: Past applications of Optimality Theory to Siouan language data and phenomena: a review of the literature

--
David Kaufman, Ph.C.
University of Kansas