Siouan List

Mark Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at UNL.EDU
Tue Oct 30 20:06:47 UTC 2012

Aloha Dan,
I am glad you stumbled onto this.
I was unaware that the SiouanList is not easily 'findable'.
I will talk to the UNL List Serve folks (not their #$% machine) and ask how this can be rectified.

We are my no means exclusive.

We welcome list members working in any of the Siouan (and Caddoan) languages as students, researchers, linguists, instructors, native community members.

I will add your email address to the SiouanList.

We look forward to hear about your language interests and questions.

Best,
Mark Awakuni-Swetland
UNL SiouanList NudoNhoNga

From: Dan Packard [mailto:dannypackard58 at yahoo.com]
Sent: October 30, 2012 1:42 PM
To: Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Subject: Re: Siouan List

Hello,
  I had assumed that there was a similar reason for not being able to find "siouan" on the UNL list site.  It is confusing to not find it in the publicly listed lists and, instead, find it via "Access Unlisted Archives", it creates the impression that it is a concealed list -- or at least exclusive -- and, if so, there must be a good reason for this.  Is there a subscription fee?  I thought I was just compying with whatever reason you may have had for not having listed the group openly.
 Sorry if I inadvertantly wandered into an area that I thought was open to all.