augh -- sorry

Jimm G. GoodTracks jgoodtracks at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 11 10:52:40 UTC 2013

Catherine:
If the err of sending to the list rather than starting a fresh EM with the specific address of the desired individual is your worse offence for the day, I believe that you are just fine and walking fairly close with the Angels.
Meanwhile, your message could have reflected the sentiments, and questions of many of us as we reflect on the forth coming conference.  And always be cautions when sending card numbers via internet, but I know you and the rest of us have heard that regularly.  I believe that’s why the preachers repeat the same and similar sermons, knowing human nature’s tendency to need repetition in order to attain a desired goal.

Looking forward to seeing you, catching up on the Omaha/ Ponca Dictionary project (JOM slips, et. at.) and the annual reunion of the group.  Now let’s all drink our coffee, tea, juice and go forth towards a blessed day, regardless of the condition of this wild Spring weather.
Jimm

From: Catherine Rudin
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:46 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: augh -- sorry

After hitting send I noticed that my note to Armik did that Siouan list thing of going to the entire listserv.  Oh dear ... sorry, everyone.

I've done this more than once before, and so have other people.  Is there any way to set the listserv up so it's less likely to happen????  You reply to a message that says it comes from an individual, and even if you "reply to sender" NOT "reply to all" it goes to the whole list -- there doesn't seem to be any way to reply just to the person who sent the message except by typing in their address and deleting Siouan listserv from the address list.   Seems like a bad design.

Catherine