Questions on Facebook.

Rory Larson rlarson1 at UNL.EDU
Wed Jul 10 22:06:45 UTC 2013

That's very good news, Jill!  Do you have a URL for the Otoe texts that you could share?  (I googled and found the Rabbit and the Grasshopper, but no other texts.)

Thanks,
Rory

From: Siouan Linguistics [mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu] On Behalf Of Greer, Jill
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:29 PM
To: SIOUAN at LISTSERV.UNL.EDU
Subject: Re: Questions on Facebook.

Yep!  By the way,  if anyone would like to share copies of their papers from Ft Yates, I'd love to read what I missed.  Great to see your pics,  but I want to get your words, too.  Thanks, Rory, for already sharing with me!

Also, for those who are interested,  many of the Otoe materials by James Owen Dorsey have been digitized by the Smithsonian NAA, thanks to the Otoe-Missouria tribe which paid to get the material available.  There are several texts in addition to the published version of the Rabbit and the Grasshopper.  I was excited to find that out during the trip to  Breath of Life in D.C. this June.

By the way, if anyone has the opportunity to apply for  BoL in two years, I'd recommend it.  Very wonderful experience all the way around!!

Thanks,
Jill Greer

On Jul 10, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Mark Awakuni-Swetland <mawakuni-swetland2 at UNL.EDU<mailto:mawakuni-swetland2 at UNL.EDU>>