Writing by Hand

Trevor Jenkins Trevor.Jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Sat Oct 31 13:22:33 UTC 1998

Recently, Valerie Sutton at The DAC <DAC at SignWriting.org> wrote here:

> I am frequently asked if SignWriting can be written by hand. Yes, ...
> writing SW by hand has not gone out of style. ... a new series of
> lessons, ... on the web at ... http://www.SignWriting.org

When I looked at the lessons and the Web page it was ASL-centric. Being in
England and learning BSL I'm left wondering whether this notation can be
modified to support BSL (If so how?) or whether there is a similar written
notation that will accommodate BSL?

[I'm a hearing person who wants to be able to communicate with Deaf people
in their language. However, I'm fining it difficult to record the signs
that my teacher is showing me---I can remember them in class but practice
during the week is hard.]

Regards, Trevor

--

<>< Re: deemed!