sign education is africa

Beppie van den Bogaerde beppie at CRYSTAL.FEO.HVU.NL
Tue Dec 21 16:06:24 UTC 1999

Hi all,
I would very much like to receive information on the use of sign language in
education in African countries. Some of my colleagues are interested in
setting up sign language education in Zambia (well - actually the Zambians
might be, and we will 'lend' them some expertise). But I think it would be
better if they gain regional knowledge, e.g. I know that in Uganda there are
bilingual school?
So - any info is welcome. Thanks all, and happy holidays and a great 2000!
Beppie

Beppie van den Bogaerde
Teacher/Interpreter SLN Training
Seminarium voor Orthopedagogiek