sign education is africa

Sandrine Schwartz Sandschw at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 22 18:47:29 UTC 1999

Dans un courrier daté du 21/12/99 16:10:31 Paris, Madrid,
beppie at CRYSTAL.FEO.HVU.NL a écrit :

<< Hi all,
 I would very much like to receive information on the use of sign language in
 education in African countries. Some of my colleagues are interested in
 setting up sign language education in Zambia (well - actually the Zambians
 might be, and we will 'lend' them some expertise). But I think it would be
 better if they gain regional knowledge, e.g. I know that in Uganda there are
 bilingual school?
 So - any info is welcome. Thanks all, and happy holidays and a great 2000!
 Beppie >>

hello beppie!*
here sandrine, a french sign language based in paris, france..
a french medical doctor who knows signs went to zambia recently, i saw some
videos... as far as i can remember, they sign rather asl... but if you need
more information, i can ask this doctor if he can contact you... tell me if
you are interested in it, and i ll try to contact him before he disappears
for the xmas holidays!
i hope to hear from you soon
bye bye sandrine