Names of signed languages

Professor Des Power D.Power at MAILBOX.GU.EDU.AU
Mon Feb 8 09:02:45 UTC 1999

Im glad Trevor invented Auslan! Seeing the Americans had preempted ASL -
not to mention the Austrians (in English! :)). For those of you who have
any Oz dialect, I suyggested "Strinesign", but somehow it didnt take
off!

PS: Im back from Sabbatical (Hi Susan!) and from a long period when our
IT people didnt seem to be able to connect me to the list! Hello to old
friends and greetings to the quite large number of new ones.

Des
--
Professor Des Power, Director
Centre for Deafness Studies and Research, and

Tel:  (617) 3875 5654
Fax:  (617) 3875 5924