Names of signed languages

Victor Brown signling at WANS.NET
Mon Feb 8 21:10:43 UTC 1999

Victor Brown here. I'm sorry to have given the impression, that ALL presenters
did this. I didn't mean to. I was recalling only two presentations, (one in
the amphitheater and one on the second floor). I don't' know how many there
may have been and do not recall if Dan Slobin was one of them.

My comment was one of observation and that I was IMPRESSED by the speakers
ability to use an acronym from one language (Dutch) while speaking another
(English).

Dan's further comments in some way support my idea that English has dominated
the naming of things bu the use of "sign", when another language the sign or
word may indeed mean something other than "a sign".

Again sorry to give and impression about NGT when I know nothing of the
language, or Dutch for that matter.

Have a good day.
Victor