Teaching material suggestions

Michael Hamm msh210 at IS7.NYU.EDU
Sun Feb 14 17:17:55 UTC 1999

On 14Feb99, Daisuke Sasaki wrote, in part:
> I'm a graduate student of linguistics at the University of
> Texas at Austin, and "Signing Naturally" (DawnSignPress) is
> used here,

and here at NYU. It was develioped at Vista Community College, iIrc.
DawnSignPress is absed in San Diego and can be reached at
dawnsign at aol.com.

> Here, Volume 1 is used in the first semester, and Volume 2
> is used in the second and third semesters.

Here, it's two terms per volume.

> During the first year (first and second semesters), we meet
> every day (five times a week), and, during the second year
> (third and fourth semesters), we meet three times a week.
> Each class is 50 minutes long.
>
> The number of students is limited to 20 in each section.

We have approx 18 people per section in ASL 1 and 2 (I assume in 3 and 4
also, but haven't yet taken them). Each course meets twice a week @ 1:40 a
class, for 3:20 a week total.

I think, but am not sure, that ASL 1-2 are numbered for undergrads and 3-4
for grad students, but anyone can take either, so it doesn't really
matter.

Hth.

Michael Hamm
BA, Math, Jan. '01