SLLING-L Digest - 21 Jan 1999 to 22 Jan 1999

Doug Stringham stringd at BURGOYNE.COM
Sat Jan 23 05:53:04 UTC 1999

>Date:    Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:54:21 -0700
>From:    "Danial A. Parvaz" <dparvaz at UNM.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Korean Sign Language
>
>Last time I was in Utah, there were several signers (native and
>non-native) of Korean Sign Language. As to any "work" being done there,
>someone on the ground at BYU might have an answer... Doug? Brian? Anyone?

-------------------------------------

Hi Dan. Cheers back to you.

We have three native Korean KSL signers (2 Deaf, 1 hearing--married to one
of the Deaf) in the BYU area. There are also a few former LDS (Mormon)
missionaries who learned KSL in Korea during their two-year service and
have either been through and gone or are still around. Any "work," is
probably on a personal level. I did get a crash course in KSL from one of
the students; I taught him basic ASL, he taught me basic KSL.

Susan (Fischer), you may e-mail me privately if you wish more details.

DS

Doug Stringham, ASL Instructor
Utah Valley State College, Orem, Utah
stringd at burgoyne.com