Independent SWriter's Forum

SignWriting DAC at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Mon Jan 25 16:49:52 UTC 1999

January 25, 1999

Dear SLLING List Members:
I am happy to announce a new forum on our SignWriting Web Site. It is:

The Independent SWriter's Forum
http://www.SignWriting.org/writ000.html

Now, new SignWriting authors have a forum for their work. They can write
their own articles in SignWriting, in any signed language, and then type it
themselves with the SignWriter Computer Program, which is available for
free as shareware. Then they send the SignWriting file to me, and I post
the article on our SignWriting Web Site. This opportunity is open to anyone
interested in learning how to do this.

The first article contributed to the new Forum is:

A Giraffe Named Ivan
Written & typed directly in American Sign Language by Nancy Romero
http://www.SignWriting.org/writ002.html

I think you will enjoy Nancy's photos of Ivan, the Giraffe - they are terrific!

And if you have trouble reading a sign Nancy wrote, you can always write to
her, to ask her what it means!

Enjoy!

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~