References

Adam Schembri acschembri at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 4 06:24:01 UTC 1999

Beppie,

The references you asked for are:

Casey, S. (1998). The origins of verb agreement in signed languages: An
analysis of deaf children's action gestures. Paper presented at the Sixth
International Conference on Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research,
Gallaudet University, Washington DC.

Casey, S. & Kluender, R. (1998). Pre-linguistic features of gesture in
hearing adults. Paper presented at the Sixth International Conference on
Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research, Gallaudet University,
Washington DC.

Others asked for the following reference:

Iverson, J.M. & Goldin-Meadow, S. (1998). "Why people gesture when they
speak" In Nature 396, 228.

Best,

Adam Schembri