fingerspelling phonetics

Guido Joachim Guido.Joachim at SIGN-LANG.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Fri Jun 11 07:54:56 UTC 1999

>Does anyone know of a more recent publication than S. Wilcox's (1992) on
>the phonetics of fingerspelling, specifically ASL fingerspelling? I am
>particularly interested in studies of coarticulation.

Hallo everybody,

questions like the above one are simply answered by the International
bibliography of sign language on the WWW (URL see below)
Yust type fingerspelling in the keword box and in the year box 'is after 1992'.
So you will find the refs of 50 works. (The Naughton paper is also cited)
Try it, its free of charge.

Best wishes

Guido Joachim

Guido Joachim M.A. / academic librarian
Institute for German Sign Language and Communication of the Deaf
University of Hamburg
Rothenbaumchaussee 45
20148 Hamburg - Germany
Phone ++49 40 42838 3239