Agreement or indicating verbs?

Steve Seegmiller seegmillerm at ALPHA.MONTCLAIR.EDU
Sat May 29 05:18:23 UTC 1999

I posted a short paper on this topic on the MIT press website
commemorating Noam Chomsky's 70th birthday last December. If
you are interested, you can find it at

        www.mitpress.edu/celebration/

In essence, I argue that the use of spatial loci as points of
reference in ASL is not essentially different from what spoken
languages do, and therefore that pointing as a means of
reference in ASL poses no special problems compared to spoken
languages.

If anyone has any comments on my paper, I welcome them.

Regards,

Steve Seegmiller, Ph.D.
Linguistics Department
Montclair State University