Linguistic Comparison Stokoe Notation & Sutton SignWriting

SignWriting DAC at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Apr 12 15:18:03 UTC 2000

April 12, 2000

Dear SLLING Members:

I am happy to announce that Joe Martin's excellent article is now
posted as our new Special Feature!!

Joe, who has knowledge of the Stokoe Notation system, took on the
large task of comparing two very different transcription systems,
lending his linguistic knowledge to the comparison.

I am hoping that in the near future we can also provide an Acrobat
...pdf file of the article.

But right now, it is a MUST READ posting on the web. Go to:

"A Linguistic Comparison
Two Notation Systems for Signed Languages:
Stokoe Notation & Sutton SignWriting"
http://www.SignWriting.org

by
Joe Martin
Western Washington University
mailto:Martinj4 at cc.wwu.edu

And thank you, Joe, for a tireless and outstanding job!

We both look forward receiving your feedback -

And have a splendid day!

Val ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton