"finalized" signs

RL Sutton-Spence, Deaf Studies Rachel.Spence at BRISTOL.AC.UK
Mon Feb 7 15:18:09 UTC 2000

Hello Rachel,

Is there something about being called Rachel and being interested in
fingerspelling, do you think?

I did my PhD on the role of the manual alphabet in BSL and have similar
(but different, of course, what with us being two-handed and all)
findings to yours.  I, too, found that the form of the manual letter
dictates if you are likely to use it or not.

Might you be interested in a little exchange on this matter?

Rachel

RL Sutton-Spence, Deaf Studies
Rachel.Spence at bristol.ac.uk