small, unclear signs?

Carolyn L. Ostrander clostran at MAILBOX.SYR.EDU
Mon Feb 14 13:50:05 UTC 2000

When I worked in high schools, the teens often signed to the side with
very small signs, one-handed, as a means of "whispering" without catching
the teacher's attention. Perhaps the signers trust you to understand a
reduced version of sign, and are trying not to draw attention to their
"asides".
Carolyn Ostrander