major bookstore chain--uggh!

Karlin, Ben MFKARLB at MAIL.DMH.STATE.MO.US
Tue Feb 15 16:46:00 UTC 2000

I suspect that the practice comes from the history of "Sign Language
Dictionaries" being a principal source of sign instruction. (Isn't a "Sign
Dictionary" an oxymoron?  Think about it.)

A related question that comes to mind, haven't most of these books actually
been glossaries or lexicons?  Is my understanding of these terms wrong?

Ben Karlin, St Louis MO