Starting Point for SLLING-L

Daisuke Sasaki daisuke at MAIL.COM
Thu May 4 01:24:42 UTC 2000

At 5:54 PM -0700 5/3/00, Adam Schembri wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I believe it was established by Christine Romano and David Moskovitz in
> early 1993 (I subscribed later that year after Dave wrote about SLLING-L in
> "Signpost" - the magazine of the now defunct International Sign Linguistics
> Association), but it may have been set up even earlier than that. Anyone on
> SLLING-L been a subscriber since the beginning?

Dear Adam,

I've just found the article in the Spring, 1993 issue of
"Signpost."  The title is "slling-l: the international sign
linguistics electronic mail list" (all lower-cased in the
original), and is written by David Moskovitz (pp. 31-32).

>From the article: SLLING-L is currently run by two people:
Christine (Romano), the list owner, and myself (his e-mail
address), the moderator.  As list owner, Christine is
responsible for managing and operating the list.  This
includes ensuring that subscriptions are handled properly,
and that all postings arrive at their destinations.  She
spends a considerable amount of voluntary time in these
activities. In my role as moderator, I am responsible for
backing up Christine, providing tables of contents of sign
linguistics journals, as well as encouraging people to keep
the discussion relevant to sign linguistics.

Daisuke