speed of movement in signs

Karlin, Ben mfkarlb at MAIL.DMH.STATE.MO.US
Wed Nov 15 22:52:50 UTC 2000

I vote on alternative 1.  It would surprise me if an artifact left over from
an iconic beginning would survive the linguistic shift.

This leads me to a second (and third) question but I'll separate them.

Ben Karlin, St. Louis, MO