Question for ya!

Helsa B. Borinstein borinstein at LCN.SALK.EDU
Mon Oct 2 17:07:04 UTC 2000

Hello!

My name is Helsa Blumenthal Borinstein.......Arlene Kelly's niece. (I don't
usually spell out my whole name but in this case I thought it might make the
connections easier to make.) I recently moved to SD to work at the Salk
Institute after graduating from CSUN's Linguistic and Deaf Studies programs.
I'm thinking about going to graduate school at UCSD within the next couple
of years. I am still in deliberation over which program I think would
benefit me the most. I've pretty much concluded that the Linguistics program
at UCSD is not a match for me.  Although knowing theories is an important
part of understanding language, Socio/anthropological/cross-cultural
perspectives on language interest me the  most. It was suggested to me by
many that I get in touch with you regarding my thought processes for picking
which program I will apply to.

Knowing how busy you are..I'd appreciate it immensely if I could make an
appointment to discuss graduate school options with you.  I'm also curious
about your recent trip to Israel!!!!

Thank you,
Helsa