The Amsterdam Manifest

Greftegreff, Irene irene.greftegreff at KS-MOLLER.NO
Tue Sep 5 11:43:11 UTC 2000

Providing SL interpretation in the language of the host country is the
default for European conferences, so there is nothing special about choosing
SLN. There is no complaint about that in the manifesto either. The complaint
is that there was no other kind of interpretation provided.

At other conferences in Europe the organizers have usually been able to pay
for interpreting to other sign languages as well, if only for one
interpreter. If the Amsterdam organizers were not able to do that, I can
understand that this would cause discontent ... particularly so if
participants were used to ASL interpretation (as at earlier TISLR
conferences).

Apart from that, I'm still hoping that someone could explain exactly what
happened at TISLR 2000.

Irene
(who has to do by guessing)