Signed song in the opening ceremony

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at UNM.EDU
Sat Sep 16 05:47:04 UTC 2000

Do you folks notice a generation gap in attitudes regarding song-sign? I
have my personal biases as an intepreter -- mostly stemming from the fact
that no matter how hard I try, I'm never satisfied with any musical
interpreting that *I* have done -- but I've seen deaf teens say that they
like music, including interpreted music, and that anyone who has a problem
with that can go to hell. Consequently, I'm chary of accepting claims that
"[Dd]eaf people think X" on ANY subject.

Cheers,

Dan.