Listowner, please.

Jean Boutcher sealover2 at JUNO.COM
Thu Dec 6 05:07:48 UTC 2001

Because of computer virus warnings, most of us are being
cautious about opening mail from individuals we do not know.
ABC Anchorman Peter Jennings alerted TV viewers yesterday
about computer virus around the world. Had I not recognized
your name, or Adam's name, for that matter, I would have
deleted an email in no time. It would, therefore, be nice if an
abbreviated list name appeared in the subject line to help us
identify the source as being from this list.  I am a listowner
of five mailing lists myself.  I comply with my subscribers'
concerns.  If [SLLING-L] is too long, how about " [Ling] "
which, in my opinion, would leave more room for individual
subject matter but still be an easy identifier. Is this possible?
If not possible at all, I have to unsubscribe in that __not__ all
anti-virus programs protect 100% emails infected SANS any
attachment.  Thank you for your kind consideration of this matter.

Regards,
Jean Boutcher