Listowner, please.

Daisuke Sasaki daisuke at MAIL.COM
Thu Dec 6 06:03:06 UTC 2001

Jean, before commenting, a MIME-formated e-mail like yours should be stopped.  It is true that some of virus mail is related to a MIME-formated or X-HTML or text-enriched mail. A wise internet users has already configure his or her mail software to automatically delete such mail, and your valuable comment may be disregarded by them :-) .

Anyway, as long as I remember correctly, the list server system that this mailing list is currently using cannot add some phrase such as [ xxxx ] to the subject line of each mail.  I know that some list server system like Majordomo can add a name, but apparently this mailing list is not managed by Majordomo.

Only thing we can do is to make the sorter more elaborate, I think.  But, anyway, a mailing list is the most "effective" in spreading virus mail.  I've already received several viruses sent through mailing lists.  The only way is that each of us should be more cautioned by upgrading software and having anti-virus software.

Daisuke