Listowner & Maritime SL

Judith Yoel judithyo at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 17 09:28:19 UTC 2001

Hello, Maritime Sign Language (MSL) is ASL as it is
used in English speaking parts of North America today
with an abundance of remnants from BSL, as BSL was
once used on Canada's East Coast (in schools
established by the British). There is a very small and
elderly community of users of the adapted, old form of
BSL.
I welcome all who can give me further information on
this issue. thanks, Judith Yoel
--- "Adam Schembri, Deaf Studies"
<Adam.Schembri at BRISTOL.AC.UK> wrote:
> Who is currently the listowner of SLLING-L? I'm
> having problems
> receiving messages...but have had no response to my
> requests for
> assistance.
>
> A question: Is Maritime Sign Language in Canada
> really 'BSL', or is
> it related to BSL?
>
> Cheers,
> Adam