cued speech

Gerdinand Wagenaar & Mindy Brown TalkingHandsNL at CS.COM
Fri Mar 30 10:10:19 UTC 2001

I knew Stokoe was ahead of his times, but "e-mail in the 50's" ??

Gerdinand Wagenaar

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: For the discussion of linguistics and signed languages.
[mailto:SLLING-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]Namens Jean Boutcher
Verzonden: donderdag 29 maart 2001 6:25
Aan: SLLING-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Onderwerp: Re: cued speech

In his e-mail some time in the mid 1995s, Stokoe, the
father of ASL linguistics, said to Osmond "Oz" Crosby*  --
with cc to me -- that he recognized Cued Speech.  He thought
that it was an excellent tool for learning the American-English
language.

*Crosby's name appears in Dolnick's article, "Deafness as Culture"
(The Atlantic, September 1993, p, 46ff.

Jean Boutcher
SeaLover2 at Juno.Com