fyi SLs in Mercator bulletin

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon Nov 5 18:04:27 UTC 2001

[This is the third @#$%^&*( time I have tried to submit this post. My
company's email servers are undergoing reconfiguration, and I have had to
change my email address. I am submitting this -- *I hope* -- from the old
address that this Listserver knows me by. If this EVER gets through, I will
then change my subscription address to Mark.Mandel at lhsl.com -- that's
most of the time.

Sorry for the rant. I'm FRUSTRATED with this.]

     *    *    *

>From LINGUIST List 12.2736, http://linguistlist.org/issues/12/12-2736.html
The announcement is in English and Catalan; I have edited it down to
English.
[And I hope that this time I've gotten rid of all the eight-bit
characters!]

                  Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist
 Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company : speech recognition
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com

     ====================

FYI: Regional/Minority Langs in Mercator Bulletin

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:59:55 +0100
From: cdoc at ciemen.org
Subject: MERCATOR-Butlleti 47 / Mercator-dossier 8

Dear all,

We are pleased to let you know that a new issue of the Mercator-Bulletin,
including the Dossier n.8: " Sign languages in the context of the European
Union regional or minority languages" has come out. As usual, you may find
it in our webpage's publications:
(http://www.troc.es/ciemen/mercator; but for English text see
http://www.troc.es/ciemen/mercator/index-gb.htm. This Dossier is in
Bulletin 47. -- MAM)

The summary of Bulletin n.47 is the following one:

Sumari/Sommaire/Summary

EDITORIAL

Marc Internacional

Council of Europe (Parliamentary Assembly): recommendation 1492 (2001):
Rights of National Minorities (English and French versions), of  January
23rd, 2001.

The sumary of the Dossier no. 8 is the following one:

DOSSIER No. 8:
Sign languages in the context of the European Union regional or minority
languages.

By Virginia Unamuno. Mercator (CIEMEN)

INTRODUCTION

DOCUMENTS:

International Framework

European Parliament: Resolution on Sign Languages for the Deaf. June 17th,
1988. (English version; non-official translation into Catalan)

European Parliament: Resolution on Sign Languages. November 18th, 1998.
(English version; non-official translation into Catalan)

Council of Europe (Parliamentary Assembly): Motion. Protection of sign
languages in member states. July 3rd, 2001. (English version; non-official
translation into Catalan).