eye movements / eye gaze & nonmanual signals

Rebecca Orton rebaorton at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 10 16:40:39 UTC 2001

Hi Anne-Claude and Ulrike Zeshan
I recognized some of these references from my own
research on Non-Manual Signals.  My online paper
http://www.geocities.com/rebaorton/nmspaper.htm
might be helpful to you as well.  There is a
listing of references near the end of this paper.
Reba

 --- Ulrike Zeshan <ulrike_zeshan at YAHOO.COM>
escribi 3   > Dear Anne-Claude,

> here are some references that I had compiled
> for a course on sign
> language linguistics some time ago. Hope that
> helps you.
> Best regards,
>
> Ulrike Zeshan
>
> Nonmanual Aspects
>
> Baker, Charlotte & Carol A. Padden (1978):
> Focusing on the Nonmanual
> Components of American Sign Language. In:
> Siple, Patricia (ed.):
> Understanding Language through Sign Language
> Research. Perspectives in
> Neurolinguistics and Psycholinguistics
> (Series), 27-58. New York.
>
> Boyes Braem, Penny and Rachel Sutton-Spence,
> eds. (2000): The Hand is
> the Head of the Mouth: The Mouth as Articulator
> in Sign Languages.
> Hamburg: Signum.
>
> Coerts, Jane (1990): The Analysis of
> Interrogatives and Negations in
> Sign Language of the Netherlands. In:
> Prillwitz, Siegmund & Tomas
> Vollhaber (eds.): Current Trends in European
> Sign Language Research.
> Proceedings of the 3rd European Congress on
> Sign Language Research,
> Hamburg July 26-29, 1989. International Studies
> on Sign Language and
> Communication of the Deaf (Vol.9), 265-277.
> Hamburg: Signum.
>
> Davies, S. (1985): The tongue is quicker than
> the eye: Nonmanual
> behaviors in ASL. In: Stokoe, William &
> Virginia Volterra (eds.): SLR
>  j  3. Proceedings of the Third International
> Symposium on Sign Language
> Research, Rome June 22-26, 1983. Silver Spring,
> MD: Linstok Press &
> Rom: Istituto di psicologia CNR.
>
> Engberg-Pedersen, Elisabeth (1990): Pragmatics
> of Nonmanual Behaviour
> in Danish Sign Language. In: Edmondson, W.H. &
> F. Karlsson (eds.): SLR
>  j  7. Papers from the Fourth International
> Symposium on Sign Language
> Research. Lappeenranta, Finland, July 15-19,
> 1987. International
> Studies on Sign Language and Communication of
> the Deaf (Vol.10),
> 121-128. Hamburg: Signum.
>
> Liddell, Scott K. (1978): Nonmanual signals and
> relative clause in
> American Sign Language. In: Siple, Patricia
> (ed.): Understanding
> Language through Sign Language Research.
> Perspectives in
> Neurolinguistics and Psycholinguistics
> (Series), 59-90. New York:
> Academic Press.
>
> --. (1986): Head Thrust in ASL Conditional
> Marking. Sign Language
> Studies 52:243-262.
>
> Pizzuto, Elena, Enza Giuranna & Giuseppe
> Gambino (1990): Manual and
> Nonmanual Morphology in Italian Sign Language:
> Grammatical Constraints
> and Discourse Processes. In: Lucas, Ceil (ed.):
> Sign Language Research:
> Theoretical Issues, 83-102. Washington, DC:
> Gallaudet University Press.
>

> Vogt-Svendsen, Marit (1990): Eye Gaze in
> [...]

=====
AOL & Hotmail: RebaOrton, Pgr: (202) 605-8238
type your number and '1#' (emergency code)
type your number and '2#' (call you back code)
type your number and '3#' (check my email code)
escriba su n ç> ero y  '1#' (c ¡Ý igo de emergencia)
escriba su n ç> ero y  '2#' (c ¡Ý igo de llamarte)
escriba su n ç> ero y  '3#' (c ¡Ý igo de leer mi email)