Cree hand signals homepage

Nobukatsu Minoura nobum at GOL.COM
Tue Apr 23 12:33:52 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues,

I posted my last message after looking at only first several signs at the
website.  It didn't come to my mind that this "sign language" could be just
(a dialect of) ASL.  I looked at all the signs now and they are almost all
identical with ASL signs as Daisuke noticed.

Is this just a dialect of ASL used by ethnic Crees in Canada?  If so, I
don't think it's even right that they call it "Cree hand signals."  I wonder
what the intention was of the creators of this website.

I want some insights from Canadian sign language linguists.

Nobukatsu "Nobu" Minoura