Suggestions

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at UNM.EDU
Mon Jan 14 14:59:25 UTC 2002

> Very few introductory linguistics textbooks currently available do
> this, it seems.

Undergrad textbooks -- at least those to which I have been exposed --
tend to avoid controversy; this probably makes sense.

At any rate, I think Mike Tomasello had written an introduction to his
"New Psychology of Language" book which explained things rather
succinctly. Also, in Barlow & Kemmer (eds.) "Usage-based Models of
Language", the editors wrote whaite might be thought of as a brief
introduction.

Cheers,

Dan.