Lingujistics Association meeting - Liverpool & day meeting in London

Inge Zwitserlood inge.zwitserlood at LET.UU.NL
Mon Mar 11 09:24:38 UTC 2002

Hey Bencie,
Just in case I didn't make this clear already: yes, I'll be happy to attend
the 1-day workshop!
And thanks for organizing it!
Cheers,
Inge

At 10:30 27-02-02 -0800, you wrote:
>Below is the programme for the spring meeting of the Linguistics
>Association of Great Britain. There are several sessions dedicated to
>sign linguistics papers which SLLING-L members should find of
>particular interest. The full programme and registration form are at the
>end of this message.
>
>-------------------
>Sign linguists attending the LAGB are also invited to participate in a 1-
>day workshop on sign linguistics at City University London, which will
>be held on the Friday, 12 April, the day after the LAGB finishes. There
>will be a small administrative charge for the workshop to cover
>interpreting costs, coffees and teas. If you would like to attend the
>London workshop, please contact Bencie Woll <b.woll at city.ac.uk>
>before 1 April, so that we can work out the numbers and charges.
>
>Bencie Woll
>City University London
>
>----------------------
>LAGB Spring Meeting 2001: Edge Hill College of Higher Education
>
> Second Circular
>
>The 2001 Spring Meeting will be held from 9th to 11th April at Edge Hill
>College of Higher Education, where the Association will be the guests
>of the Department of English Language and Literature. The local
>organisers are Patrick Honeybone (honeybop at edgehill.ac.uk) and
>Kevin Watson (watsonk at edgehill.ac.uk). Postal enquiries about the
>meeting should be addressed to: Patrick Honeybone, Department of
>English, Edge Hill College of Higher Education, Ormskirk, Lancashire,
>L39 4QP.
>
>Please check the Meeting's website for updates and further details:
>www.edgehill.ac.uk/acadepts/humarts/english/lagb.htm
>
>Edge Hill College is situated just north of Liverpool, a vibrant city with a
>world-class reputation for its contributions to popular and classical
>culture. The Liverpool Tate gallery, the stunning architecture, famous
>football clubs and the several shrines to the Beatles are just a few of
>the reasons why visitors are drawn to the city from around the world.
>Edge Hill is in Ormskirk, an ancient Lancashire market town, which,
>though it now feels the urban draw of Liverpool, has a history and
>identity of its own and is within a short distance of the rural beauty of
>both the Lake District and the Peak District. Ormskirk is also close to
>the seaside towns of Blackpool and Southport and the vast urban
>centre of Greater Manchester.
>
>Accommodation: Edge Hill has a compact and easily accessible
>campus. Accommodation, talks, the book display and food will all be
>within easy walking distance of each other. All bedrooms are single,
>and there is a choice between rooms with en suite facilities and rooms
>with shared bathrooms/showers.
>
>Registration: will begin at 12 noon on Tuesday 9th of April in the Main
>Entrance Foyer at Edge Hill. This is the obvious entrance to the
>college's main building and will be clearly sign-posted.

> [...]

Inge Zwitserlood, UiL OTS
Trans 10                                     Fort Orthenlaan 13
3512 JK  UTRECHT                 5231 PZ 's-HERTOGENBOSCH
030 - 253 83 13                        073 - 642 40 43
inge.zwitserlood at let.uu.nl     izjo at knoware.nl