pas op, virus- virus warning

C. Tijsseling, R. van Kempen cor.reg at HETNET.NL
Sat May 18 13:44:31 UTC 2002

Hello,

I searched the web for that virus and found this message:
>Virus Hoax. Please Read!
>Posted on 2002-05-15 08:27:49 by jardinea
>Topic: Information Technology Announcements
>Many of us are receiving email urgently warning us that our computer is
infected by the jdbgmgr virus. Do NOT >follow the instructions to delete the
jdbgmgr.exe file.
>It is a legitimate program which is used by JAVA applications. The icon is
in the form of a teddy bear. Norton and >McAfee do not recognize it because
it is NOT a virus. If you want to review more information on this hoax or
>restore the jdbgmgr.exe program, go to:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99436

Also the Sophos-site warns not to follow the instructions, but to run an
antivirus-program on your disk

Corrie Tijsseling.