Bard & Sachs 1977

Des Power d.power at MAILBOX.GU.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 25 18:40:49 UTC 2002

Hello Adam. Have I said Welcome Home? Welcome Home anyway :-)

Ive not heard of that paper before :-( If some one sends you the reference
could you forward to me please. Are you working in that area? I remember a
reference in a paper by Catherine Snow (I think) about two Codas in CA who
had the same difficulty. Do you know it? If youd like it Ill try and track
it down.

Des

Does anyone have a full reference for the article by Bard and Sachs (1977)
that discussed the case of Jim the CODA? Apparently, Jim¹s deaf parents
expected he would acquire English exclusively from exposure to the radio and
television, but this did not, of course, eventuate and he experienced a
severe spoken language delay.

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Schembri, PhD

HOME
37 Pearl St
Newtown NSW
2042 Australia
Tel: (+61 2) 9550 2029
Mob: (+61) 0439 376 466
Email: adam.schembri at bigpond.com

WORK
Adjunct Lecturer
Renwick College
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
Private Bag 29
Parramatta NSW
2124 Australia
Tel: (+61 2) 9872 0284