Call for Contributions

Mieke Van Herreweghe Mieke.Vanherreweghe at RUG.AC.BE
Mon Sep 16 14:12:12 UTC 2002

Call for Contributions

The tenth volume in the Sociolinguistics in Deaf Communities series published by Gallaudet University Press will be titled:

Sociolinguistics in European Deaf Communities

(eds. Mieke Van Herreweghe & Myriam Vermeerbergen).

The original idea was to publish the sign language papers which were presented at the 14th Sociolinguistics Symposium held at Ghent University, Belgium in April 2002. However, since not all sign language sociolinguists working on a European Sign Language may have been able to attend the conference we wanted to issue a wider call for contributions.

Therefore, we would like to invite data-based sociolinguistics papers on a European Sign Language before 30th December 2002 which will then be sent out for blind review. Authors will be notified of acceptance before March 2003. Final publication is expected in 2004.
Articles should contain max. 10,000 words. Please submit three paper copies (surface mail) and one identical electronic copy in Word (via email or disk).

Contributions should be sent to:

dr. Mieke Van Herreweghe
Ghent University
English Department
Rozier 44
9000 Ghent
Belgium

Mieke.Vanherreweghe at rug.ac.be

or

dr. Myriam Vermeerbergen
Free University Brussels (VUB)
OO!VBGT (Onderzoek en Onderwijs Vlaamse Gebarentaal)
Waversesteenweg 1077
1160 Brussels
Belgium

Myriam.Vermeerbergen at vub.ac.be