sign language parsing

Bogaerde, E.M. van den E.M.vandenBogaerde at UVA.NL
Fri Oct 31 13:31:28 UTC 2003

Hi Galini
At the university of Amsterdam (and elsewhere in Holland) we work with sign language tapes, of deaf adults and deaf/hearing children. We have a lot of experience in transcription sign language/spoken language. Please contact us with specific questions, if you like.
Bye for now
Beppie van den Bogaerde

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: For the discussion of linguistics and signed languages.
[mailto:SLLING-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]Namens G Sapountzaki
Verzonden: vrijdag 31 oktober 2003 13:53
Aan: SLLING-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Onderwerp: Re: sign language parsing

Dear all,

I would be interested to contact any members of SLLING-L with any
experience of parsing a signed language into written text and vice
versa.
I participate in a project  by the Institute of Speech and Language
Processing, based in Athens, Greece that aims to include the
fundamentals of Greek Sign Language in the language curriculum of the
three first years of primary school and produce a CD-ROM with a signing
avatar for the purpose.
Any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Galini Sapountzaki