/3now1#/

Scott Liddell scott.liddell at GALLAUDET.EDU
Tue Feb 3 20:45:41 UTC 2004

This appears to be Stokoe's phonemic representation of the spoken
English word 'know'.  I haven't looked at Trager and Smith for many
years, but I suspect he is following their conventions in producing a
phonemic representation.  I think the clue here is "as know is said"
using the word 'said' rather than the verb 'signed'.
Scott