nondominant handshapes

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Wed Mar 24 15:03:06 UTC 2004

>From the non-linguist in Norway again: There are a number of signs, some
of wich are well-established, that uses the L handshape for the
non-dominat hand. They are AUDIOGRAM, STATISTICS,  and several more
mathematical and special signs. The L of the non-domninat hand represents
the two axis of a graph, or the lower (left) corner of a graph like an
audiogram. The other more spcialiced signs are derived from the
well-established ones.

Ingvild Roald, Norway